By Richard Brody | Submitted On June 26, 2020
We should have been prepared, when, then – candidate, Donald Trump, resorted to the campaign slogan, Make America Great Again! That reference to the so – called, Good Old Days, and, the inference, this nation, was no longer great, indicated a lack – of – vision, and, instead of looking ahead, with relevant, sustainable solutions, and a willingness to accept, good – enough! If, we continue to elect politicians, who resort to a combination of populism, empty promises, and rhetoric/ vitriol, when what’s needed, is thinking, outside – the – box, with an open – mind, the future of this country, may be, in – peril! What we need, is far better, than, mere, POLITICS as usual, if, we hope, to become the best, we possibly can, and truly, serve the needs, goals, priorities, perceptions, and best – interests, of all our citizens, and the potential, future challenges! With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means and represents, and why it is significant.
1. Priorities; planning; perception: Instead of resorting to empty rhetoric, we need public officials, who recognize true priorities, not only, the present ones, but, also, into the future, including, social, environmental, economic, and Climate Change, challenges! This requires, electing individuals, with the perception, to see things, as that can, and should, be, instead of yearning, for the good – old – days! Doing so, will take the discipline and commitment, to proceed, forward, with quality, strategic planning, and creating, implementing, and following – through, with the appropriate, action plan!
2. Options; organized; open – minded: If America is, to become, the best, it can be, we need to elect, open – minded individuals, who are organized, enough, to consider various options and alternatives, and proceed, accordingly, and effectively!
3. Listen; learning; leadership: Since, no one, has all the answers, the finest leader, must effectively listen, and learn, from every conversation, and experience. He must, clearly, demonstrate true leadership, where the focus, is, on serving and representing his constituents, effectively!
4. Integrity; ideology: When, any public official, doesn’t, actually, or is perceived as possessing, absolute integrity, why would his constituents, follow, or believe – in, him? One’s core ideology, must emphasize the greater good, instead of anyone’s personal/ political agenda, and/ or, self – interest!
5. Timely; time – tested; trust: In order to get others to follow, they must trust an individual! His emphasis must be well – considered, timely, and truly, time – tested!
6. Imagination; innovative; ideas: Great leaders need to have the relevant imagination, and willingness/ self – confidence, to introduce ideas, they believe, will make a difference, for the better!
7. Character; clarity: Although, many assets, are needed, to be a fine leader, a significant consideration, is the individual’s quality of character! Beware of electing anyone, who seems to avoid, proceeding with clarity, and transparency!
8. Service; solutions; sustainable; system: Consider, whether a public official, priorities service, to the community, or, simply, his own best interests! Does he simply, use empty rhetoric, and make promises, or does he introduce, well – considered, sustainable solutions, combined with a quality system, to get it, done?
We have witnessed, these past few years, the dangers, of electing individuals, who appear, to focus on their personal/ political agenda, and/ or, self – interests, rather than the greater good! Wake up, America, and search for, public officials. who put the common good, first!
Richard has owned businesses, been a COO, CEO, Director of Development, consultant, professionally run events, consulted to thousands, conducted personal development seminars, and worked on political campaigns, for 4 decades. Rich has written three books and thousands of articles. Website: http://plan2lead.net and LIKE the Facebook page for common sense: http://facebook.com/commonsense4all
Brody, R. (2020, June 26). Why We Need Better Than POLITICS As Usual?. Retrieved June 28, 2020, from http://ezinearticles.com/?Why-We-Need-Better-Than-POLITICS-As-Usual?&id=10316008